







Today I went on a field trip with JEB's daycamp group. I wanted JEB to go and have fun, but I thought it would be a little easier on the teen counselors if I was there as a back up in case he had a meltdown. They went to a local dairy and we had so much fun!!! I mean, come on, what's not to like about baby cows!!! Little brown nosed, slobbering 2 wk old baby cows????
So, off we went this morning on the bus to the dairy farm, which was about an hour away. JEB did great on the bus and it wasn't too bad. Fairly comfortable breeze coming in, with all the windows down. We arrived, got out of the bus and this big, old golden lab came bounding along with the dairy owner. JEB was terrified!! Fussed, yelled, ran away, etc. However, one of the older girls came over and took his hand and after much convincing, got him to finally pet the big, ole doggie. Then he couldn't get enough of him!!! He decided that the dog wasn't going to hurt him, which I'm glad he would pet him. He's been terrified of dogs/cats since a couple yrs. ago, a puppy lab jumped up on him and almost knocked him over.
Anyway, we rode around in a haywagon and got to go see the babies. The kids all got off the wagon and spent quite a while petting them. JEB enjoyed that, as well. I guess since they weren't running around the yard and jumping, he was ok with that. They were actually in a little fenced enclosure, so maybe that's what made it ok. We got to have some fresh chocolate milk and some homemade ice cream, too!! Ummmm, ummmmmm, good!!!
Next week , it's Chuck E. Cheese!! His favorite place!!!

1 comment:
Wow JEB what a great field trip. I am proud of you that you pet the dog. I am a littel scared of dogs too.
Post a Comment