1) I'm going to keep the house cleaned better than I have been. I keep saying I'll do one part on one day and the other half the next and just keep repeating the cycle each week. To date, that hasn't happened. So, I'm going to attempt to do that very thing. The house will be cleaner, for sure.
2) I'm going to be way more serious about how I eat and watching what I eat and exercising like I need to do to achieve the results I want. I've been piddling at it, so this is the week I'm going to be serious about it. I'm not going to lose 30 pounds sitting in my chair reading or cross-stitching.....I actually have to do the walking and workouts.
And my husband needs a hobby. Actually, he enjoys playing WWII games on the computer, most of the time, but lately he's been bored with them, or should I say he can't seem to get into playing them. He's not an outdoors person at all and there just hasn't been very much to grab his attention on tv (that's a shocker, huh?). He sort of wanders from living room to den, checking his email and reading the news on the internet and for some odd reason, that drives me nuts! I guess I feel like I need to keep him entertained. I know in my head that I don't....but I feel sort of guilty when I'm reading, or cross-stitching, or scrapping and he's just wandering aimlessly between the computer and his chair in the den. Too bad there's not a 'pill' to fix that. Oh well, when vball gets going full swing next month, he'll be busy until November. Guess I'll have to be happy with that.
Everyone have a lovely week as you prepare for the 4th. Do any of you have a special thing you do on the 4th??? I'd love to hear about them! I'll post mine later in the week, but do tell me about yours.
3 comments:
Good goals to have. I need to set some cleaning goals for myself too except I'm usually putzing around on the internet, blogging, or emailing when Matthew's asleep instead of cleaning.
We don't have any plans this weekend yet. We may either stay home or go to my sister-in-law's house. Have a great 4th!
We've had cleaning goals this week. Yesterday, we washed and vacuumed out cars. Today, we are doing inside chores but it seems like it is endless.
I'm not quite sure about the Arc. Is is for older people? I don't even know. I know we have one here but I've never talked with them personally. A friend I met through someone else is trying to start a Down syndrome playgroup in our area. She is the one who knows the girl that is on the board for Arc who wants to do the swim lessons. Does your parks and rec have any thing for kids with special needs? Ours does but Mattie isn't old enough for any of their activities. Hopefully you can find something in your area. Good luck!
Have you looked at flylady.net ? It helps me to get the e-mail reminders on what to clean during the week :)
Post a Comment