But after calling the opthamologist and talking with the receptionist, I found out that because JEB has already had the eye surgery, and because we are visiting an opthalmologist not an optomistrist, it is considered medical and will be treated like a regular dr. office visit! Cool, huh?? I never would have known that!
So, it's off to the eye dr. after he has tutoring tomorrow. It will NOT be pleasant. He is NOT a good patient. He will NOT be cooperative. It will take several of us to hold him so the dr. can do the exam. He remembers from when he had surgery. It took three of us then to hold him still for the dr. to do the follow-up exams. It will NOT be fun. BUT it must be done.
His left eye goes in too far because of the low muscle tone, and he probably needs glasses. Not that I could get him to keep them on his face for any length of time, but he would see better, I'm sure. Oh well, one thing at a time.
Pray for me as I take this on tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
3 comments:
I will pray for a pleasant doctor visit. You never know, he could surprise you and cooperate!:)
Wishing you all the best!
Matthew doesn't need glasses (as of his most recent opthamologist appt. But that could change). Anyway, his opthamologist says that usually if kids appreciate good vision and see that the glasses help, they'll keep them on naturally. That's just what I was told. Please don't take my word for it. Good luck with the opthamologist. Keep us posted.
Praying for a smooth day tomorrow!
Post a Comment