Today went fairly well. I told the people at daycamp it was his birthday and he was all shy and smiles. He actually understands a little about birthdays. He knows you have a cake and you sing a song. When we were at PaPa's early in the week, we celebrated his birthday and he said he wanted a "Yellow cake, mamma." So.....I got him a yellow cake with yellow icing (clown themed). He loved it.
Today, after I picked him up, we went to Publix and got stuff to make homemade tacos and enchiladas, which are his favorite! Then we picked out another cake......he was all over the place with yellow, to orange, to purple then he found what he wanted!!! A chocolate cake with yellow writing on it! PERFECT! So I got it, even though neither Jn or I wanted a chocolate cake. He was thrilled with it! It had all the birthday decorations on it, so it fit the theme.
I had saved a couple of gifts from Christmas and gave them to him. My best friend had gotten him a Megablock Pirate Ship and we had gotten one of those playmat rugs with a bowling set but didn't give them to him at Christmas, so they were perfect for now. He loved them both!!
He even understood about blowing out the candles and singing. It was neat for him to sort of 'get' it. I did take pictures, but they are on my phone and I have to figure out how to get them to my email so I can put them on here. I probably will need one of my teenagers to tell me how to do it.
Not a bad day at all, I'd say. It's amazing to see how big he's gotten and how much more he knows from last year to this year. Happy birthday, sweet boy!!! Mommy loves you!
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEB!!!! Nine is a great year!!!
Blessings,
Susie
Happy Birthday JEB!! Hope you have a great weekend!
Happy Birthday JEB!! Wow! Nine already? Time flies so fast.
Wait. Wait. Wait.
Did I read that correctly? My little JEB had a "clown themed" cake? What is up with that?
What happened to that cute little guy from CARS? Or Captain Feathersword? Or sweet little Nemo? Surely there were choices!!!!!!
I'm sad. So very sad.
Post a Comment