Monday, June 1, 2009

VBS

Well, JEB went to daycamp today and they were going to our church VBS. Hopefully, he'll love it....and behave......and follow directions. We spent some time talking about this yesterday.

"Now remember, JEB, you must obey Ms. Kristin (his helper at daycamp) and do what she tells you. Do you understand?"

"Yes." giggle - giggle

"I mean it. No time outs."

"No time out.......no"

"No running away from Ms. Kristin"

"No run away"

"You must be a good boy and obey all they tell you. You'll get to sing."

"Mamma, Kristin.....church......color?"

"Yes, JEB you can color at church with Kristin. But you must obey her and not be a bad boy....ok?'

"Mamma, color???? Church???? Sing?????"

"Yes, you can do all of those things, but I don't want you to get in trouble. OK?"

"Yes. Church?? Color??? Kristin???"

I guess you see where this conversation went.........he had no problem evading the discussion that I wanted to have about obedience. Well, they haven't called me yet and it's almost 11:00. He's been there at VBS since 8. Good sign so far. This is definitely a case where no calls are good!

He'll have a great time I'm sure. As long as he gets to do all of those things he wants to do, he's in good shape.

Enjoy your day!! And.....relax.....don't work too hard!!

No comments: