Ok, now for some memories.......I remember when I was little, maybe 6 or 7 yrs. old, we would go with my grandmother over to this little Illinois town, Basco, and visit with her auntie Mamie. I have absolutely no idea how this lady was related to us exactly....I think a cousin to Marnie's mother, who was my great-great grandmother. Anyway, we would always go visit her on the 4th of July, then stay for the town's fireworks display. I LOVED it! I don't remember anything else other than the fireworks. I think sometimes my grandmother's sister, Kathleen, would go with us, but I know it was always something my brother and I did with my grandmother.
Fireworks are my favorite thing about the 4th. Tomorrow night, our church is hosting a huge freedom festival and I'm going to help out with a booth, then hang out with Sunday school friends for the evening! John will stay home with JEB, because unfortunately, neither one of them enjoy crowds, hot weather or the bugs!!! Maybe I can convince John to bring JEB out for the fireworks display..........
Tonight though, we are going to do our own little celebrating out in the yard with pop-its and sparklers. We're going to make rice krispie treats and decorate them and a red-white-blue cake. Hopefully, it'll be fun! Everyone.....enjoy your day!!!
HAPPY 4th of JULY!
2 comments:
What wonderful memories! Happy Fourth of July!
Happy 4th of July. I just found your blog. JEB is too cute. My little guy Eian has Down syndrome. I added your button to my blog
Post a Comment