So, on Saturday we went out to the front yard around dark and started lighting the sparklers we had and throwing some of those pop-its on the ground. We had never really attempted anything of this nature before so it was all new to him. He actually thought it was fun, and we let him hold the sparklers by holding our hand as we held it. We sang some patriotic songs and just waved the sparklers in the air. Not too bad for our first home fireworks display.
Then yesterday, our church put on a HUGE festival at our HS campus. Jn and JEB begged out of this one, since neither one of them like huge crowds and thousands were expected. JEB doesn't know how to deal with all of the people and while he would have LOVED all of the bouncy houses, he doesn't understand that he can't get in front of others that are in line or that his turn is over, so it's better that we just don't take him to these type of things. Better for JEB and for parents! Some day, I hope that he will have the understanding level so that he can participate in these things. So, I volunteered to work at our school booth for an hour, then I would be there to enjoy all of the cool things that were on the evening agenda.
Not a bad plan, BUT God felt we needed the rain and so it rained......and rained.....and rained.....for about 2 hrs. I didn't have to man the booth because my time was the first shift, but I did get to enjoy a funnel cake (YUMMY) and the great patriotic music and then the fireworks display. I LOVE to watch the fireworks!!! So, I just enjoyed being by myself. I don't get to do that very often. It was kind of nice!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. It's so nice that we have the freedom to celebrate our nation's independence.
1 comment:
Sounds like a pretty relaxing 4th-glad you had a good one!
Post a Comment