Monday, August 3, 2009

1 1/2 days....

Well, JEB's down to a day and a half before he starts school and I start back next Monday. Still can't quite get my head wrapped around the fact that I'm teaching first grade, but I'm sure once I get in my classroom and I'm working on the bulletin boards and lesson plans, it will all fall into place. Always does. Especially as I spend time in prayer over each student that GOD will place in my care for this year, it's kind of hard not to get excited about what GOD plans to do in each of their little lives and in mine!

JEB's school has orientation tonight, so he will get to meet his teacher and see his new school. I'm a little anxious about it since he'll have to learn how to go to his classroom by himself, and at this new school, he'll have a couple of hallways to manuver. I always worry about that sort of stuff, but he always amazes me and figures it all out!

I hope everyone is having a great day.......can't believe it's AUGUST already! Where ever did the time go???? AND I'm still wondering whatever happened to starting school the day after Labor Day and getting done the Friday before Memorial Day???? It worked fine for us parents and older....why doesn't it work for our kids??? Who decided they needed 180 or so days of school each year??? Who made that rule anyway???

Enjoy the rest of your week, my friends!


3 comments:

Ria said...

My aunt always tells me that God has a plan. Yes, it will all fall into place even if it doesn't seem like it at this very moment. :-)
Good luck with the school orientation!

June Cleaver in Sneakers said...

Wow. That is really early for JEB to begin the school year. I'll bet he was the star of orientation. Don't forget to post pics of your new classroom. I'm a visual learner, after all.

Suzie said...

Oh I hope Jeb has a great school year! I agree I wish the summer was longer!