Friday, August 7, 2009

the first day of school....

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a few days, but I didn't get this pic uploaded until today. This is JEB and Daddy on Wednesday morning, his first day at his new school. He wasn't too sure about it, since he really wanted to go to the church daycamp and play instead, but after he got there, he was just fine.

So, after the first three days, his teacher says he's doing GREAT! Even the aftercare lady said he was adjusting very nicely to his new surroundings! YAY! I always worry about that for the first few days.....until he gets used to what the rules are and gets used to the new kids and they get used to him. It's always a little nerve-wracking for me, but he always does great.

I've hit the ground running and have spent the past three days working in my classroom, trying to get it organized for next week which is Open House and then Friday, the first day of school. It's starting to all come together and I feel like I'm together now. I only have a few more little things to finish and then I can spend next week getting all the papers and stuff together that I need for Open House, Thursday night. When it's all together I'll post pics of the finished product. I'm actually quite proud of how well it's turning out!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


4 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Wow Jeb looks so handsome for his first day of school. And so grown up.

Adrienne said...

Back to the grind! JEB looks great with is dad! Hope things go smoothly with the start of the new school year.

Mike didn't seem to mind that pic I put up of him sleeping btw!:)

Anonymous said...

I like to read that things are going good all around! I can't believe summer is almost over for us as well. Lily doesn't want to go back to school :-(

Ria said...

I feel your relief through your words. That's great that JEB is adjusting well to the new school.

Good luck with your first day of school! I'm sure you'll do great too. Like mother, like son.