Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What a beautiful day!!

It's gorgeous outside!!! I have all the windows open and the sunlight is streaming into my house!!! GLORIOUS day!! I love days like today. Not too hot, but warm enough in the afternoons, cool in the evenings still, a little cold in the early mornings......just perfect. Perfect enough for a mile and a half walk around the neighborhood....not too bad!!

Well, I went and met JEB's teacher for next year today. I love her!! JEB will fit in great at his new school!! WHOA, back up......let me explain........a few weeks back, I was told by JEB present teacher that they would be setting up a time later in the year to do JEB's IEP (Individualized Education Plan) for next year and asked if I wanted his new teacher to attend the meeting. I said, "What new teacher?" She then explained that she was only a K-2 special ed. teacher and that he would be going to Northside Elem. next year. At first, I was very upset and tried to convince the lady in charge of the Exceptional Educ. Program to let him stay where he was for one more year. (She goes to our church and is one of his Sunday buddies) But to no avail, she said it would be better for him to go ahead and move, then possibly stay there for an extra year.

Ok, ok, ok.....what's the big deal??? It really isn't, just I love his present school and he's comfortable there an all. So, when he moves somewhere else, we have to train him all over again, and teach him where to go. Then we have to train the aftercare staff in how to deal with him and how to discipline him. It's not really a big deal and he'll adjust probably better than I will.....I like my box, thank you very much!

Anyway, went and sat in the new classroom for a while this morning and loved it!! The new teacher is great! He'll fit in perfectly! And it won't take long for him to have his little 'harem' of girlfriends that all want hugs from him every day! I should've known I had nothing to worry about!!!

deb and JEB

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Great about your new school and the teacher. Abbi starts a private preschool in the fall two days a week. I am excited and nervous! I am sure that Jeb will do great in his new school.