I was looking forward to the event, however, in the back of my mind, I wondered how JEB would handle all the commotion. He has several options in the way he deals with large numbers of people.....one being a complete, total meltdown; two being ok part of the time and then a meltdown and three, playing shy and not being cooperative about anything at any time.
We arrived and a couple of kids were already playing basketball - one of his favorite things to do-so he was already to play. He actually played with the other kids quite nicely. He shared the basketball and took turns with the others, which I was happy about. The problem began when he didn't want to quit playing to get something to eat or drink. We continued playing while the line dwindled down but he just wouldn't sit at all, so that I could get something to drink. He was quite uncooperative. Somehow, I'm going to have to work on that one, as a mom, I mean. Somehow, I've got to get him to understand that when I ask for him to do something or not do something, he needs to do it. Not yell, 'NO' or run away from me or fuss about it.
He gets in trouble at home and gets put in timeout or gets spanked, but he's not making the connection. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. It's quite frustrating. I was looking forward to mingling a little bit, and to tell you the truth, he wasn't the one who had the meltdown.....I was. Got in the car and totally lost it! Pretty sad, if you ask me, but I was having one of those moments. Then, of course, I couldn't stop.
I just wanted him to have fun playing and gathering a few eggs. I knew something wouldn't work right. Oh well, I do have some pictures but the card won't read on my printer, so I'll have to wait until I go to school Tuesday. I will post them though. Some of them turned out really well.
Hope every one has a blessed Easter Sunday. Enjoy the marvelous celebration of JESUS rising from the grave to save us from death. AMAZING LOVE.......how can it be!!!
Oh, and thanks Mackenzie for our signature!!! You are so talented!!!
2 comments:
I know the feeling! I have those meltdowns once in awhile too. We are all human. Don't beat yourself up. The funny thing is that sometimes we'll think about it for hours or days about what we should have done differently and the kids have already forgotten and moved on to other things. Hope you had a nice Easter!
We all have those meltdowns!
Glad to hear J.E.B. is feeling better!
Post a Comment