Saturday, November 7, 2009

Made it thru another week...

Well, another week gone and there's only 40 some odd days til Christmas! I told Jn just the other day that at some point this week, they would start running Christmas adds.....yep, in Wednesday's paper, sure enough! It just makes me laugh! The retailers can barely get done with one holiday and they start decorating and putting out stuff for the next one. Although, in their defense, Christmas is probably the biggest holiday that others buy things for their family/friends.

Anyway, we made it thru another week.....no one got sick. School went well. I do have such a sweet class. They make my day go soooooo much easier! I've had some HORROR classes in the past, so I certainly recognize an EASY-PEASY class.

Jn and I actually got to have a DATE night last night and it was quite fun! We went to dinner and then to our school's first ever, State playoff game....which we won!! Now, on to round 2!
Then went to get dessert after we left. It was quite fun....especially when we realized how long it had been since we had gone out by ourselves!

I hope all of you are doing well and are planning what you are doing for the Christmas holidays. Go on, admit it....you are starting to plan. Even if it's making out a crude list of what to get who, you are still planning. I even had a mom stop me at carpool and ask me if I'd like an ornament made for each student, including my son, and a decorated 4 ft. tree for my classroom???? Well, duh.....of course!!! Then I don't have to do it!!! I can't wait! I am told by previous teachers of this student that it will be gorgeous!! YAY! When I get it, I will take pictures, for sure!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

June Cleaver in Sneakers said...

Hey, where were those kind of room moms when I was teaching?! You are one Lucky Duck!! Glad to hear that everyone is staying healthy. Your date night sounds like you had a much needed break. So, give us the important details...like what you had for dinner and especially what you enjoyed for dessert!!!!

Adrienne said...

Yay for date night! I soooo need one of those!!

What a sweet mom to offer to make a tree for your class!! Can't believe Christmas is right around the corner! I've already started the whole Christmas card process-don't know why I put myself through it every year but it's just what I've always done-still need to get a good pic though! Enjoy your weekend!