And if you remember, I was diagnosed with MRSA staph last week as well, so I was on antibiotics too! Well, Friday I noticed that my chest and arms were red, like I had a sunburn.....and then by the afternoon, I seemed to be itching all over......yep, an allergic reaction to the sulfa drugs I was taking. I popped the Benedryl and managed to get thru the night, but was having a very hard time, not scratching every inch of my body. Saturday morning, I looked terrible!!! All red and blotchy and had many, many tiny bumps all over my arms, legs, chest, back.....little bumps that were actually little, pimple sized blisters!! YUCK!! I managed to get thru the day, dosed up on Benedryl and by last evening it was beginning to subside....thank goodness for Gold Bond Medicated Lotion!!! Today has been much, much better and I haven't needed the Benedryl as much and the itching is almost nil.....but I do look a site!! Red and blotchy all over........my kids will wonder what in the world happened to me over the weekend!!
One thing is for sure, I will not be taking BACTRIM ever again.....for anything!! I'm also allergic to penicillin and have had the same, red rash reaction before but never the blisters and itching! It was no fun at all!!!
Jn is still recovering....has energy sometimes, and sometimes he's ready to crash. It will take him a while to get back to normal......wish someone would tell him that......he thinks he should be 100% right now!!
JEB is doing great......enjoying the slightly cooler weather and playing happily on the back porch. It's screened it and we keep the door locked so he can't escape, but he loves going out there and either building with his LEGOS or playing basketball or baseball. It makes me sooooo ready for fall weather.
Hope everyone had a great weekend......TTFN!
2 comments:
My goodness! Praying that everyone gets back to feeling better soon. We've had a time in our household too.
Hi! I'm back! Sorry I've been away for a little bit. I think I'm almost caught up now with your updates though. That's a bummer that you were allergic to the medication. I know first-hand how terrible it is to itch with those tiny bumps and try your hardest not to scratch. I got itch bumps on my belly when I was pregnant with Matthew and it drove me up the wall. And I couldn't take any strong meds for it.
I hope everyone is on the mend, slowly but surely.
Post a Comment