I'm also busy planning my Christmas baking.....who will get what treats. I'll probably be doing quite a bit of food-gift giving this year, since my Christmas budget is quite a bit less than in the past.....but that's ok. I LOVE baking and so it will be fun. I pop on that Christmas music and bake, bake, bake!
A few things have been happening here. I found out a few weeks ago that our state is one of a handful of states that let you sign up for a waiver for Medicaid, if you have a disability - which is a wonderful thing for JEB. This waiver will pay for the cost of vision/dental/medical issues. We had it once before, when we lived in Idaho. I really don't know why in the world I didn't check for it when we moved here 2 1/2 years ago, but not much I can do about the past. So I ventured downtown this week and did the beginning paperwork. Another service I was able to plug into was our local Easter Seals chapter, which will also help with several areas including respite care (if we want it) and other services such as helping with costs such as pull-ups, vision/dental services. JEB is in need of some dental work that is a bit costly, since we have no dental insurance. I'm so thrilled to be hooked up with these services and it will allow us to meet some new friends!
Last week when JEB was out of school for the holiday, we went to see a new dentist that specifically deals with special needs patients and works with our Easter Seals chapter. JEB actually did better than our previous visits to the other dentist....I think this new one being a female helped with that. He is such a flirt with the girls and she was no exception!! She was able to look in his mouth and sort of assess his needs. Mostly, it looks as though he will need to go to her suite at the hospital and be sedated to have the work done. AND of course, this is not a simple, cheap solution......so the fact that the waiver/Medicaid will cover this is a good thing. Please pray that all will work out quickly.
We've also discovered that JEB's tonsils are quite large - almost touching, according to the dentist - so that is also something that we will need to address.....probably before the dental stuff.....something to do with his airway being blocked in case of an emergency during the dental procedure. So, this is another thing that the waiver would take care of. As I've thought about all of these things over the past couple of weeks, I'm a bit ashamed of myself for not looking into this when we moved here in 2008. BUT GOD's timing is perfect, as always so I'm just happy to have this blessing sort of fall into my lap now.
I have most of my shopping done. I really don't have that much to do....we don't have a ton of family, so that makes it easy. Mostly I send Harry/David baskets to our far away friends/relatives, and just have grampa/gramma to do, along with an aunt or two and a couple nieces/nephew. JEB is fairly easy and Jn and I got our Christmas present yesterday.....a new computer!! It's wonderful....goes so fast! Jn is in heaven for sure.....loving how fast everything loads now.
Hope everyone has a great week. I'm subbing on one day, for sure and my tutoring is keeping me quite busy. Oh, and my birthday is in 18 days.....the big 5-0!! I think I need to have a party!
No comments:
Post a Comment