of his classmates.
another banner......

another banner......................
the Marine band.......
waiting for the ball to go down the lane and hit the pins.....
a Marine trying to convince JEB to wait on the ball...
along with JEB's teacher and classmate, Trent
the Olympic flame being lit by a special athlete!
posing for Mommy to take his picture......he's not big on smiles though!
another banner......................
along with JEB's teacher and classmate, Trent
Well, sorry I haven't written all week, but it's been a hectic one. My school is performing it's Christmas program and we've had practice every morning and since I knew I was going to be out of Friday, I had to prepare for the sub. Sometimes, it's much more work to have a sub in your class than to just go in......but this was for something very special!!!
JEB and many other special athletes all over our county participated in the Special Olympics on Friday! Most of JEB's class did bowling, which was so perfect for them. We started off by being at a local University for Opening Cermonies. They had the local Marine band there playing intro music and then the color guard was there for the pledge to the flag and the National Anthem. After a few speeches, all of the different schools that were involved each had made a banner that they proudly showed off, in hopes of winning a trophy. Then they had some local cheer squads perform a couple of cheers and some special music was performed by a local choral group from one of the HS's. Then, one special athlete came in and with the Olympic torch and ran to light the Olympic Flame and the games were officially OPEN!!
It was so neat to see all of those special athletes! There were many events going on thruout the day, but we went to the bowling alley, where many elementary age special students were going to participate. They used local Marines to come help the teachers keep the kids organized and sort of under control and to keep everything going at a good pace.
JEB had a blast so did all of his classmates!! This was the first opportunity I had to see his classroom and meet his classmates and I fell in love with them all instantly!! They were all so sweet and loving!! They also take very good care of JEB!
I can't wait to see what other events he can do as he gets older. He got a green ribbon for pariticpation, but a lot of them got place ribbons! I'm so glad I got to go and be a part of this wonderful event!!
Oh, and there's only three weeks til Christmas!!! Are YOU done shopping yet??????

1 comment:
Such a great day! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait until Parker is able to participate in more things.
Post a Comment