Monday, May 18, 2009

last week of school....

Well, it's finally here! the last week of school.....I'm glad, because I'm ready for a break, but yet again, I love school and the whole atmosphere of it all, plus that's where my friends are that I can see and talk to every day. I always loved school.....and it seems that my son has that same aspiration.

He will go to our church's day camp for a few hours every day, which will help keep him on a schedule and give him some socialization time. PLUS.......it will keep me from putting him in a closet on a regular basis because he's driving me crazy!!!

We teachers still have work days next week, but nothing major after exams this week. I will miss seeing everyone......the kids too. I enjoy the interaction I have with them and the relationships I've built with them. I like hearing what's going on in their life. That's what being a teacher is about......having an impact on their lives......sharing Christ with them......letting them know that you are praying for them. That's what its all about.

Jn started vball today. That's his thing. Tryouts this week and then his summer schedule starts with gym nights and work outs and then camps and tournaments.....and before you know it, it will be AUG. and school will be starting.

On a good note, we had JEB"s I.E.P (individualized education plan) meeting today to plan his goals for next school year. His teacher, his therapists, and his new teacher were all there and we mapped out a plan for him next year. He's done amazing this year! I can't believe how much he's accomplished. Now it's time to step it up a bit and see what we can do thru the summer and start out with next year. I really like his new teacher, not that I didn't like his teacher now, I do but I think it will be good for him to settle in this new class and be there for the next four years. Hopefully, he'll keep the same teacher. That would be nice. I'm so proud of him!

Have a blessed week everyone......pray for Adrienne as she awaits the impending birth of Bennett on Friday.

1 comment:

My name is Sarah said...

You lucky duck. I have three more weeks of school. Hope you have a fun summer.