Saturday, May 8, 2010

a sick little boy....

Hey everyone! Only three more weeks to go and we are DONE!!! I'm really looking forward to the summer break. Things are so much more l-e-i-s-u-r-e-l-y......much more to my liking.

This week has been SO frantic and such a whirlwind!! I've been working every night, mostly till way late.....(11:30/12:00AM) on a power point for our First Grade Mother's Day Tea, which was Friday. Took me forever!! Had to sort thru nearly 600 pics from two classes from the year, THEN start working on the pwrpt itself.....THEN burn 40 CD's......THEN help decorate.....THEN make sure all the cutsey little things were done.........AND then after that, we had a FAMILY FUN NIGHT/TALENT SHOW at our upper campus. I was so exhausted last night!!! And to top it all off, picked JEB us from school and he fell asleep on the way home, even though we had gotten his FAVORITE dinner (TACO BELL). He ate, not as much as usual, and pretty much had his eyes closed the whole time. Then he started whining and crying. He felt really warm to the touch.......yep, fever. He sounded yucky......sinus infection!! Good thing our pediatrician's kids go to our school!!! I saw him and told him what was happening and it just happened that he was on call for the weekend!! Went to the office this a.m. and got meds, so he'll be back to his normal self in no time! He only has two more weeks of school to get thru, then it's home for the summer!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow. Enjoy the time with your children and/or parents. Children truly are a blessing from the LORD!


2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hi Deb! I can't believe you're almost done with another school year! Any fun plans for the summer? Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

June Cleaver in Sneakers said...

Happy Mother's Day, my friend! Sorry to hear that your little guy is under the weather. Those sinus infections are the worst! But, I guess nothing really says "mom" like making a sick child feel all better.

Hope you enjoy the day. Maybe just put your feet up and watch Miami Vice reruns? Maybe spend the afternoon scrapbooking while sipping something from Starbucks? Maybe take a shower without anyone knocking on the bathroom door? Whatever you decide, make it a good one. Love you.