Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's almost over.....

I know......I know.......I know.......for those of you who actually read what I write, sorry for the long absence. Sometimes, I just don't want to take the time to write down what I'm thinking. BUT I will try to do better.

Ok, things have been busy with school SAT testing going on this last week. To tell you the truth, my brain has been fried by the end of the day and I was the one GIVING the test! We spent the week prior to testing practicing how to take the test with a few pages of samples. First graders have never really done this before, so I get the task of teaching them HOW TO TAKE A STANDARDIZED TEST!!! Joy, joy!! It really wasn't too bad, but we were off of our normal routine and I'm sure glad we are done with it! They actually did quite well and I didn't have to spend much time at all going thru their booklets and making sure their little bubbles were filled in correctly.

ONLY 5 MORE WEEKS OF SCHOOL!!! YAY!!! I have on my board at school only 25 more days....that sounds way shorter than 5 weeks.....don't know why???hmmmmmm.

JEB is doing great.......talking in fuller sentences and still saying new words. He's gotten so tall this year. AND he wants to help me in the kitchen with everything! Maybe he'll be a good cook???? I just have to have the patience to let him learn how to help....not an easy task!

The only negative thing is that I may not have a job for next year due to low enrollment. BOO! At first, this wasn't too great of news BUT after looking at our budget we have decided that if I sub for so many days in the month and tutor after school for so many kids, then we will do fine. NOT GREAT, but ok. So pray with us please, for more numbers. We need about 100 kids to keep things as they are.....and I am not the only one this may affect.

Well, gotta run. Time to eat and go to church!!

No comments: