Ok, back the horse up a bit.......we had visited the recommended pediatric dentist in town, but his only recommendation was to do the work in his hospital suite, which we didn't have the money for and weren't too excited about. Went to another new pediatric dentist in town, like her, but he was non-cooperative, so it was hospital choice again. We were going to go thru this, but changed our minds at the last minute. Went to a dental office, that goes to visit the schools in an RV and does dental work with kids who are unable to come to the office and they will take the Medicaid waiver that JEB gets.
We had an appt this morning. Weren't too sure what they were going to do, but we waited for a room to open. JEB sat and watched the other kids come in and get their xrays and go to the dental chairs for a cleaning. We finally were able to go back to one of the rooms, where they could use the papoose board for him. Now I know, some of you think this is not very pleasant for the child, but let me tell you......he has fast, strong hands and won't be still to get any work done if he is not restrained. Did he scream/yell? Yes, he did.....LOUDLY. Did he thrash about? YES, A LOT! Did we get his xrays done? YES!!!! We did!!! Did he actually get his teeth cleaned?? YES!!! HE DID!!!
He cried quite a bit, spit at the technicians, pinched one of them, yelled, continued to try and get unrestrained.......but there was also several times that he just stopped and let them do the work they needed to do! He actually got his teeth cleaned!!! I was so surprised!!! Now we know what needs to be done to his mouth and he has nice, clean teeth!!! WOO-HOO!!!
He was so excited too, because he got to get a toy from the treasure box!!!
1 comment:
The Treasure Box never gets old, does it? They should still have them when you are an adult. I'd probably be more motivated to go to the dentist if I knew he had a box of treasures for me to choose from! If I were a dentist, I would definitely have a gold, sparkly treasure chest.
Post a Comment