Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day......













a Bradford Pear tree (I think)

Japanese Magnolias


It's finally SPRING!!!! I'm so glad it's warming up and signs of life are showing up in every yard!!! The Japanese Magnolias are done blooming but the Bradford Pears are doing great and the dogwood trees are going crazy!!
Today, Jn had to do pics at the girls soccer tournament at school and it was soooooo beautiful outside, I took JEB over to the elem. campus of our school and let him play on the playground. I had this epihany this week and thought, "Why not? At least it's enclosed, he can play and run around to his heart's content and I don't have to chase him!!" He had so much fun! He climbed the old metal slide....with me at the bottom being just a teensy bit nervous. I remember climbing those slides in our area park and they were HIGH!!! And metal!!!!
He played on the gym bars, climbed the rock wall, and played on the swings! The only thing he didn't like was the sand that kept getting in his shoes/socks!
I will definitely have to do that more often. He can play all he wants and I don't have to worry about other kids coming to the playground and having him want to play with them and they don't talk to him because he's different.
Tomorrow is World Down Syndrome day. Celebrate with me as I thank God for putting JEB in our lives. If you have been touched by someone with Down Syndrome, leave me a comment!!

2 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Wow you did have a beautiful day!!!

Beverly said...

yes, you had a beautiful day! love all the fun he had and the beautiful photos!