Hey y'all! Summer is in full swing here in SW GA, and my tutoring schedule is jam-packed!! I have 9 students that I see thruout the week and JEB has been quite the trooper going with me to most of those I have scheduled! The younger kids, he'll get to play with a bit before we go on to the next one, which is fun for him. I tried to not schedule any for the afternoons, but I've had to adjust a couple of them to an afternoon slot, because JEB needed to be home with Daddy while I worked or their schedule was in conflict. Not too bad though, I tried to leave Monday's free, in case I needed to swap someone, or so that we would have one day totally free to do whatever we wanted to do!!
Now, the big news? He learned to swim!! I'm so proud of him....wish I had pictures, but I was in the pool with him, so I couldn't take any! A lady from our church was offering lessons, so she agreed to try to work with him. We started out, screaming-yelling-gulping in plenty of pool water-coughing-sputtering....you get the drill, but he weathered it out that first night. Then on day 2, he was holding his breath underwater and going from her to me, maybe 1/3 of the way across the pool. Kicking his feet behind him was a bit of a challenge, but by Friday? He has mastered it. She would start of one side, count to three and give him a good push-off and away he would go toward me, on the other side. She would follow alongside of him, and helped him come up for a breath and go back under to continue on!! I was so, so proud of him!! Of course, now all he wants to do is go "swim at lysse's house"!
Good thing I'm going to tutor her 7 yr old for a bit and I swapped the tutoring for some swim time in the pool!!!
Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!!! Enjoy your celebrations!!!
Deb and JEB
1 comment:
Yay, JEB! You are so brave. Now you can teach me!!
Post a Comment