Sorry that's it's been many, many days since I've posted anything. No excuses, BUT many things to share.
First, I just gotta say how amazing and awesome GOD is......seriously! I know that.....I've always known that.....lived thru many things in my life that only HE could have done, BUT I am totally awestruck at how HE has orchestrated things in my life these past few weeks/even the past few days.
August was a tough month for me, with school starting and I wasn't. It was hard to pack JEB up every day, drop him off at school and then drop off a fellow teacher at my old school (she lives down the block and rides with us). I went over a few times to help out my old partner teacher with grading and stuff just to have something to do. I did make out a schedule for the days to help me maybe stay on track and not just wander aimlessly thru the house trying to decide what to do next. I do try NOT to just sit and watch tv.....it's all quite boring anyway....or watch many of my favorite movies. I've spent time with the older lady across the street, taking her on errands and such, which I've enjoyed doing. She makes me think of my grandma and I know it gives her pleasure to have someone to visit with. I did start up with my tutoring students, which were two students I had last year and added a new one as well. These three students would add up to enough $$ to meet our monthly budget needs, and our thoughts were that then when any subbing started, that would be money we could save.
So, September arrived and I started subbing. In fact, I've had 7 sub days this month and I totally enjoyed it. I subbed for my former partner teacher, and then in MS for the other days. And of course, GOD had things planned to perfection as I've acquired several more tutoring students these past couple of weeks. I now have 8 students that I'm working with and one waiting in the wings for softball season to end to join the group. I have 3 elementary kids, with room for a couple more to join. I also have one student that doesn't even go to my old school, but is in the gifted program at one of the local Middle School's, (I'm simply helping Mom out with all of the xtra homework). These additions, combined with my other three students, are enough to add significantly to the coffers!! One of the moms I tutor for is always telling me how much she is praying for GOD to show HIMSELF to me and go above what I could ask or think, and I'm saying, '''WOW!!""" HE has certainly done that!! It's so wild to think about. In fact, yesterday I was in my friend's classroom, waiting for school to end so I could get the two boys I was starting to work with and another mom called me wanting her daughter to be tutored. It's quite mind-boggling to me!!
I'm finally settling into a routine at home and starting to enjoy it. I can't wait for the cooler, fall weather to arrive. I'm still wanting to sub, but I'm trying to learn how to just enjoy this time in my life when I can be at home. Trying to spend more time with the LORD and just rest in HIS arms. GOD is so good! HE does so much more than I could imagine! It's so neat to see how HE puts all of these things into perspective. I love HIM so much!!
I hope everyone who comes to visit us today will have a blessed day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment