We went to Toys R Us on Monday and I let my little man pick out the pool he wanted, with a little direction and we also bought a couple of play toys to use while in said pool. Got it home, got the air pump and blew up the pool and beach ball and filled up the squirt gun and showed him how to use it.....and voila!!! Hours of pure bliss for this ten year old!!
He is loving the pool....not to big but big enough for him to slide around in and get totally all wet! Big enough to throw the beach ball around at me sitting in my camp chair, 'sunning', with my feet propped up on the side of the pool - spraying my feet with the hose as I fill up said pool.
He loves squirting me with the water gun too! He thinks that is just too funny!! I would have pictures, but he splashes water at me quite often and it would get wet, so I haven't taken it out there yet.
We also went to the opthamologist yesterday and it went very well.....considering. One, I'm glad to find a dr. that would see him and understood about his uncooperativeness. We went back to the room and dr. came in and talked to JEB a bit, then had the nurse come in to do the dialation drops. It took three of us to hold him, but she was good. Grabbed his head and held him tight, while I held his body....all 80 lbs. of it and got those drops in there! It's amazing how tight he can squeeze those eyes! Then when we got to see the dr. again, JEB actually let him look in his eyes with his light scope and let him hold up the lens to his eyes. It took a little coaxing here and there, but he let him do it. Enough so we could get an accurate prescription for glasses!! I was quite impressed with dr. ........! He was very patient and worked with JEB to gain his confidence! He said his eyes looked good and we can come back in a year!!
What a blessing!!
Well, not much else going on this week. Going to grandpa's in another week. He will love it!! Later.....
1 comment:
Nothing like a nice cool pool to splash around in! We got Mattie a water table. She loves it! So glad his eye appt. went well. It is so nice when we can find such understanding doctors! Btw....Happy belated birthday to Jeb!
Post a Comment